Holiday shopping can easily become expensive, stressful, and overwhelming. Follow Dr. Guskey’s tips for this holiday season in order to save your wallet and avoid shopping anxiety!
- Be like Santa! Make a list, and check it twice. Every shopping trip will be more successful if you have a plan. Heading into a store knowing exactly what you are looking for will save you time and help you avoid frivolous spending.
- Budget, budget, budget! It’s easy to get caught up in the holiday spirit and overbuy for your loved ones, but you don’t want to be caught up in debt come January. Try and pay with cash or a debit card to avoid this. Plan a budget and stick to it!
- The best time to shop for gifts is early and late in the season. These times are where you’ll find the best deals! The goal is to shop against everyone else.
- Take advantage of online shopping! It is no secret you can find great deals on the internet, and they are even more abundant during the holidays!
- Consider getting a gift that lasts all year long. You can still take a classical approach with a yearly magazine subscription, or venture into the new age of subscription offers! You can find subscriptions ranging from monthly beer samples to monthly makeup samples. There is something for everyone!
- Take advantage of reward memberships! If you are a member of any reward programs, try to do a lot of your shopping in those particular stores. This way you can rack up reward points to go towards more gifts, or a present for yourself!
Most importantly, don’t forget that the holidays are about spending more than money. They are about spending time with the ones you love. Happy shopping!