A wedding is a beautiful joining of two people in their love, but the steps it takes leading up to the big day are expensive. Use these tips from Dr. Audrey Guskey to ease the pain your wallet may feel while planning a wedding:
- Save money on decor by booking a venue with a view. You’ll be able to enjoy a beautiful ceremony space with less hassle, money, and effort.
- Skip the fancy sit down dinner and evening reception for a more casual option like an early afternoon ceremony and lunch. If you choose to have an evening reception with dinner, opt for a single meal option or a buffet style dinner.
- It’s easy to rack up a huge bill when it comes to providing alcohol for guests. Look for venues that allow you to provide your own alcohol. You may face a “corking” fee, but you’ll avoid the spiked prices that come along with venues that provide alcohol for the event.
- Wedding gowns cost upwards of thousands of dollars. Have the dress of your dreams on a budget by renting a wedding gown instead of purchasing one outright.
- Utilize your friends and loved ones creative talents by having them help with the wedding instead of purchasing gifts. They may help with decorations, food, or planning.
- If you don’t have the funds for a wedding planner, you may use a day-of planner instead. A day-of planner exists to ensure that your wedding day goes off without a hitch. This way, the wedding party can enjoy this special day without stressing over final details.
Utilize these tips to help save money and stress when it comes to planning a wedding. However, the most important tip of all is to have fun and enjoy the beautiful celebration that is a wedding.