Football and hockey season is in full swing, and no football or hockey season is ever complete without a great tailgating experience. Follow these simple tips to ensure you have the perfect tailgating environment!
- Give yourself plenty of time. Plan on being parked and ready to unpack at least 3-4 hours before game time. Planning for setup and cook time for food will guarantee no one’s rushed.
- Make a game plan for exiting. Returning back to your vehicle for a post-game tailgating session will keep the fun going and you’ll avoid all the traffic leaving the stadium.
- When it comes to food, do as much food prep beforehand as possible, and also aim for handheld food options. This will make the entire process of food easier.
- Plan on bringing more than enough seating. People will want to kick back and relax before the game, and it’s also likely you’ll make new friends who would like to join the fun, so an abundance of seating is necessary.
- Water, water, water! Water, arguably equally as important as beer, is an essential to counteract the dehydration you’ll be dealing with. After all, you do want to survive the tailgate and watch the game.